What to Write in a Birthday Card for Your Husband
Your husband’s birthday is the perfect occasion to show him how grateful you are for him and how much you love him. But maybe you’re having some trouble figuring out exactly how to say that. Fortunately, you have a lot of wonderful resources at your disposal—things such as this guide. Below, you’ll find inspirational examples that can help you compose a message that’s perfect for almost any situation, like a thoughtful card, a quick Facebook status, or a long, heartfelt letter.
Touching and Heartwarming Birthday Messages
- Thank you for always believing in me and always making me smile. The same joy that I felt the moment that we got married burns brightly in me to this very day. Have a very happy birthday, and I’m looking forward to all the years we still get to spend together!
- Thank you, sweetheart, for making our life together memorable and epic. I would marry you again in a heartbeat. You have been such an exceptional lover to me. Enjoy your special day and everything that you deserve on your birthday.
- Today, let’s celebrate together and have lots of fun like we had on our first night as a couple. You mean the world to me. Happy birthday to my handsome and caring husband!
- Thank you for inspiring, encouraging, and comforting me. Thank you for always finding joy in making me happy. I love you. Happy birthday!
- Being with you has always been one of my greatest joys. I hope your birthday is awesome, just like you. Have a fantastic birthday!
- I’m extremely lucky to have met someone who is perfect for me. Our lives are blessed with adorable children and countless other amazing things. Thank you for everything that you do. We all love you so much.
- I’m so glad to have you as my husband. You’re an important part of my life. Let’s make this year’s birthday just as monumental as the ones that came before!
- Thank you for knowing exactly what makes me smile. You’re more than a husband to me. And I will tell the whole world what an amazing husband you are and how much you mean to me. Happy birthday to my one and only!
- Whenever I’m having a bad day, I know that I can count on your love and affection to cheer me up. You make me feel special every day. Today, I want to take the opportunity to make you feel extra special.
- You’ve been working so hard to achieve your dreams. I am so proud of you and so lucky to call you my husband. Happy birthday, my love.
- I am so excited for you to get home so that I can treat you to an extra special day full of things like your favorite dinner, kisses, affection, a massage, and who knows what else!
- I still recall the first moment that I looked into your eyes and knew that our connection was phenomenally special. Every moment I have spent with you since then has been truly exceptional. Happy birthday to the luckiest man I know.
- Your passion, love, kindness, wit, candor, and vivacity are one-of-a-kind. I am ecstatic that I get to spend the rest of my life with such an outstanding person.
- This last year hasn’t been the smoothest or easiest. I’m so proud of the work you’ve put into your life this year. Happy birthday, my love. You deserve a special day.
- I am so grateful for all of the breathtaking moments that we’ve shared. What vivid memory are we going to make on your birthday this year?
- If someone sat down and tried to outline the qualities that a stellar partner has, I’m sure the list of qualities would include things like loving, caring, kind, sympathetic, strong, compassionate, astute, intelligent, hardworking, driven, humorous… and little would that person writing that list know that they were describing you! Happy birthday, my love!
- I can vividly recall the first time you told me you loved me. The best part about that? We’ve been together all this time, and the way you tell me hasn’t changed. You’re just as in love with me now as you were then. I’m so grateful for you, and I love you so much.
- When I first met you, I didn’t know that I was meeting one of the most positive and encouraging people ever. When I started dating you, I hadn’t yet realized that I’d met the person that I’d want to spend the rest of my life with. When I married you, I knew our life together was going to be magnificent. I am so proud to call you my husband. With love and all my devotion, [your name].
- When people say that “no one is perfect,” I can’t help but grin because I’m positive that they haven’t met you!
- I’m so madly in love with you! I could say this every morning, every night, and every moment, and I would still never tire of it. I love you so much. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday to the most inspiring, gracious, and downright wonderful husband a person could ever ask for. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for you and for us.
- We’ve been together for such a long time. My love for you and my commitment to our life together only grows stronger. I am so grateful to have you in my life. Happy birthday, handsome!
- My dear hubby, your love is a potent potion that encourages and inspires. I know our future holds many brilliant adventures and smiles. Darling, you are so special to me, and you are my everything. Happy birthday to my husband and the wonderful father of my children!
- Today marks another milestone in your life as you celebrate your [insert year] birthday. Sweetheart, you are the embodiment of goodness and a shining example to others. I cannot imagine a world without you by my side. I love you. Have a wonderful birthday!
- Hooray! My hubby is [insert age]. I hope that this special day of yours is full of fun, happiness, and everything you wished for. Happy birthday, my love.
- Hooray! Today is the perfect day to let you know that you have been a wonderful husband: supportive, kind, empathetic, strong, and more—every quality a person looks for in a good husband.
- Lots of love and best wishes to my darling husband, the king of my heart. I cherish you so much. Happy birthday.
- Hooray, my heartthrob turns [insert age] today. I hope you have a wonderful and exciting day today. Happy birthday!
- I wish you a wonderful birthday today. I am proud to have such a caring husband who every person would love to have. I love you!
- Darling, today is your day; I hope this, your special day, is full of fun and happiness. Happy birthday!
Inspirational Love Quotes
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you . . . I could walk through my garden forever.” —Alfred Tennyson
- “I think the greatest gifts we can give each other in a relationship are the gifts of kindness and communication.” —Jane Green, Falling
- “There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.” —Martin Luther
- “Love does not claim possession, but gives freedom.” —Rabindranath Tagore
- “Courage means to keep working a relationship, to continue seeking solutions to difficult problems, and to stay focused during stressful periods.” —Denis Waitley
- “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” —Barbara De Angelis
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” —Herman Hesse
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” —Lao Tzu
Romantic Poems and Poetic Messages for Your Husband
To My Dear and Loving Husband
If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were loved by wife, then thee;
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me ye women if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold,
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompense.
Thy love is such I can no way repay;
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live, in love let’s so persever,
That when we live no more we may live ever.
Anne Bradstreet, 1612 – 1672
Excerpt From Shakespeare’s Sonnet 116
Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O, no! it is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempests and is never shaken.
How Do I Love Thee?
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day’s
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
By Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Read More From Holidappy
Cute Happy Birthday Quotes for Your Husband or Boyfriend
Funny, Heartwarming, Romantic, and Teasing Birthday Wishes for Your Husband
25 Funny Ways to Say Happy Birthday
- My love, you are like an evergreen tree planted by the side of the river. May you never flag and continue to wax stronger and stronger. Have a wonderful day today. Happy birthday, my darling!
- Sweetheart, just like a little seed, you were born into lowly circumstances, but you have grown into a giant tree with sprawling branches, providing shelter and hope to a lot of people in your life. I’m so lucky to have you in my life. Happy birthday, my love.
- The sun’s golden rays may warm my body, but your beaming smile warms my entire being. You are the sun that brightens my life. Thank you for your constancy and captivating warmth.
Sample Birthday Messages for a Traveling or Deployed Husband
Below, you will find some writing samples that are perfect for a husband who is deployed or traveling. Use these greetings to inspire you.
- No matter how far apart we are, I want to reassure you that you are still very much in my heart. Thank you for your love and care; I’m sending you all of my love. Happy birthday to the man I love!
- I’m storing up all my love and affection for you. You’ll have an abundance when you get home! Happy birthday, my love.
- Because you’re away, I have been spending a lot of time thinking about your warm touch, your soft kisses, and your unwavering love for me. You have my heart. Here’s a big kiss for you on your birthday. Have fun!
- Dear love, thank you for going the extra mile to make me happy all the time. Thank the powers that be that modern technology has made it possible for us to show each other love even though we’re many miles apart. Have a wonderful birthday!
- My days just aren’t the same without you around. I can’t wait for you to come home and wish you a proper happy birthday! Safe travels and happy birthday, my love.
- It’s a bummer that you’re traveling on your birthday. It’s also awesome that you got selected to represent your company on this business trip. I’m so proud of you. We’ll celebrate properly when you return. Have a happy birthday!
- No matter how far apart we are, you are always willing to make me feel loved and cared for. Honey, I’m sick and tired of being far away from you; come home soon! Happy birthday, sweetheart.
- I never thought I could have such an awesome person as my sweetheart. Thank you for your care, love, and for putting a smile on my face all the time. I miss you. Come back soon, and let’s live the rest of our lives together. Happy birthday!
- I’m proud to have a husband that’s serving our country. Thank you for everything that you do. I’m so glad that you’re mine. Have a safe and wonderful birthday. I can’t wait for you to come home. I love you.
- I wish that I could be by your side on your birthday. I wanted you to know that I love you and that I’m thinking of you. Happy birthday!
- Being deployed on your birthday makes both of us a little sad. However, when we’re reunited and you’re back, I’m sure that it’s going to be magical. I can’t wait to give you belated birthday kisses. I love you!
How to Say “Happy Birthday” on Social Media
Social media, things like Facebook and Twitter, have become an integral part of many people’s lives. People often use these platforms to wish their friends, loved ones, and spouses happy birthday. So, if you’re a technologically savvy person and want a short but sweet message to send to your husband, here are some short messages that are perfect for a text, a Facebook status, a tweet on Twitter, or any number of other platforms.
- Happy birthday to the best husband anyone could ever ask for!
- Today, I’ll be more than ready to grant any wish you have. What is your desire?
- I can’t imagine spending a lifetime with anyone but you.
- Your love always brightens my day.
- Happy birthday! I’m so pleased to call you mine.
- You mean so much to me, and I want to take today to let you know just how special you are.
- Waking up in your arms every day is better than I ever could have imagined.
- Whenever I hear you say “I love you,” my whole day is made.
- Words cannot begin to describe how much you mean to me.
- I can’t wait to show you the surprise I have planned for you.
- Who has an astounding and handsome husband? I do!
- Thank you for your unwavering love and support. I am truly lucky to have a husband like you.
- You are one of the best things that have ever happened to me. Thank you for choosing to be mine every day!
- You are the perfect combination of husband and best friend.
- How lucky am I to call you my husband? The answer is: very lucky!
- You mean the world to me.
- It feels so fantastic to call you mine and wish you a happy birthday.
- I can’t wait to keep loving you!
- What’s a successful marriage’s secret ingredient? You!
- My love for you grows stronger each day.
How to Write a Love Letter to Your Husband
Today is your husband’s birthday, and you still can’t figure out a romantic way to wish him a “happy birthday.” Get ideas from the sample below, and write your own heartwarming letter. A handwritten note will be the perfect gift to give him to celebrate his special day. Below, you’ll find two example letters and then a list of potential things you can talk about in your letter if you’re still struggling to come up with something that you like.
Sample Letter #1
It’s your birthday! I want to reassure you that you’re second-to-none and that my heart beats only for you. You’re lovable, kissable, compassionate, gifted, sweet, fashionable, stalwart, honest, thoughtful, respectful, and reliable.
Thank you for always making me smile. Thank you for making me feel loved and cared for. Thank you for all your warm touches and for being so very romantic. You are the only one for me. With you, I’ve experienced a level of passion and fulfillment I didn’t know was possible. I thank you for your continued love and care. You are my pride. I love you so much. I’m so lucky to have you.
I remain truly yours,
Sample Letter #2
Today is your special day. I’m happy and am so glad that you’re in my life. Thanks for giving me your heart. Thanks for giving me so much attention and care. I know that it has kept our marriage thriving and healthy. You’ve also made our relationship fun and enjoyable.
Thank you for the sweet memories we’ve shared together from when we first started dating to now. Your coming into my life has been truly sublime. Have a wonderful birthday!
Write Your Own Letter From Scratch
If you’re still unsure about what to write or you want to add more to the letters you saw above, then you should consider answering these questions or talking about these things. You can bulk up your letter and bring a smile to your husband’s face all in one go.
- Your Favorite Memory: What’s your favorite memory with your husband? Was it your first date? The special getaway you went on? The time that you got caught in the rain and ended up at a dive bar in fancy clothes instead of the expensive dinner date you had planned? Describe your favorite memory using as many specifics as you can remember and why it meant so much to you!
- Looking Forward: What’s something you are looking forward to doing with your partner? Is there something you’ve always wanted to do? Make plans for that thing! This could be going to a concert, recreating an event that’s special to you, going thrill-seeking, having a quiet night in, etc.
- The Thing You Appreciate Most: What do you appreciate the most about your partner? His eyes? His smile? His laugh? The way he holds you? The way he somehow knows you’ve had a bad day and somehow has your favorite dinner ready by the time you get home? It’s probably a great idea to include both physical complements (ones about your husband’s appearance) and personality or habit compliments (like how your partner has a cheerful attitude or always picks up after himself).
- Specific Compliments: The more specific the compliment, the better! So instead of “I love your eyes,” you might say, “It’s so easy for me to get lost in the deep mahogany of your eyes. I can feel the love you have for me warming me and washing over me every time you lock eyes with me, no matter how briefly.”